Terms And Conditions Of Use
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE CAREFULLY.
Acceptance Of Terms
Unless otherwise indicated, all Site materials, including, without limitation, the Site logo, and all designs, text, graphics, other files, and the selection and arrangement thereof are the proprietary and copyrighted property of the Site. All material which you post on the Site must and will be of your own creation, and not owned by or copied from any other party. All material which you post on the Site is deemed assigned and transferred to us, at the time of posting, for all purposes, including under copyright. In that regard, any material which you post on the Site must and will be of your own creation, and not owned by or copied from any other party. You may electronically copy and print to hard copy portions of this Site for the sole purpose of using materials it contains for informational and non-commercial, personal use only. Any other use of the materials in this Site that originated from us — including any commercial use, reproduction for purposes other than described above, modification, distribution, republication, display or performance — without our prior written permission is strictly prohibited.
The Site name, domain name, and logo are our trademarks, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission. In addition, all page headers, custom graphics, button icons and scripts are service marks, trademarks and/or trade dress of the Site, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission.
Use Of Content Submitted By You
You agree that any Content you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Service is non-confidential and that we shall have a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive license to use any such Content in connection with the Site, Service and our business (and any successor to any of our interest in the foregoing), including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each other user of the Site a non-exclusive license to access your Content through the Site, and to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such Content as permitted through the functionality of the Site and under these Terms of Service. The submission of any materials to us irrevocably waives any and all “moral rights” in such materials, including the rights of paternity and integrity.
You understand that all Content posted by you, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is your sole responsibility. This means that you, and not us, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Service. We do not control the Content posted by any party via the Service and do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. Moreover, Content on our Site is intended to be opinion and not necessarily fact. You understand that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Service.
You agree not to use the Service to:
1. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is owned or controlled by any other party, or is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
2. harm minors in any way;
3. impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Site official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
4. forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service;
5. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
6. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party, or which would violate any right of publicity, right of privacy or other right of any party without first obtaining permission of the owner of such right. This includes group or individual portraits of people taken by professional photographers. Photos of people may only be used with the permission of the individual whose image is portrayed (or for minors, the permission of their parent or guardian). This includes celebrities and professional athletes, as well as ordinary citizens;
7. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
8. upload, post, email, link, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
9. interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
10. intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law;
11. “stalk” or otherwise harass another;
12. collect or store personal data about other you;
13. link to or refer to Content not allowed under these TOU;
14. otherwise use the Service in a manner deemed inappropriate by us.
Possible Content Removal
We retain the right, but not the obligation, to monitor and edit or remove any activity or Content that we deem in our sole discretion to be harmful to you, us or the rights of any third party, or to violate any applicable law. This includes the right, but not the obligation, to remove any text or images uploaded by you that we deem in our sole judgment to be inappropriate or that we believe may subject us to any liability, including without limitation the following:
1. photographs, pictures, images, text or other materials submitted by you that are protected by trademark, copyright, right of publicity or other proprietary right, without the express permission of the owner of those rights;
2. partially or fully nude images of anyone, at any age, of any gender, including sexually suggestive images or words;
3. profanity or offensive comments including but not limited to expressions of racism, bigotry or hatred, or that are abusive, slanderous or offensive;
4. any illegal material such as expressions of abuse, offensive language and imagery, obscenity or pornography, including, but not limited to, child abuse, child pornography, depictions of minors engaged in sexual conduct or explicitly sexual situations, or any other material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under, or otherwise violate, any applicable law.
Linking To Our Site
You are granted a limited, non-exclusive right to create a hyperlink to our Site provided such link does not portray us or any of its services in a false, misleading, derogatory or otherwise defamatory manner. This limited right may be revoked at any time. You may not use, frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any of our trademarks, logos or other proprietary information, including the images found at the Site, the content of any text or the layout/design of any page or form contained on a page without our express written consent. Further, you may not use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing our name, trademark or product name without our express written consent. Except as noted above, you are not conveyed any right or license by implication, estoppel or otherwise in or under any of our patent, trademark, copyright or proprietary rights or any third party. We make no claim or representation regarding, and accept no responsibility for the quality, content, nature or reliability of web sites linking to this Site.
Third Party Links
We may provide links to web pages and content of third parties (“Third Party Content”) as a service to those interested in this information. We do not monitor, nor do we have any control over, any Third Party Content. We do not endorse or adopt any Third Party Content and make no guarantee as to its accuracy or completeness. We make no representations or warranties of any kind regarding such Third Party Content, or any information contained therein, and undertake no responsibility to update or review any Third Party Content. When leaving the Site, you should be aware that the TOU no longer govern, and, therefore, you should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of that particular site. You use these links and Third Party Content contained therein at your own risk.
Claims Of Copyright Infringement; Designated Agent
If you believe that any material on the Site infringes upon any copyright that you own or control, or that any link on the Site directs you to another web site that contains material that infringes upon any copyright that you own or control, you may file a notification of such infringement with our Designated Agent, as follows:
Notice And Procedure For Notifying Designated Agent Of Claims Of Copyright Infringement
Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(3), the following information must be provided to our Designated Agent for notifications, Copyright Agent, email@example.com
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
5. A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
7. Should you fail to comply with all of the aforementioned requirements in your notice, your notice may not be valid.
8. It is our policy to terminate the accounts of any user who is a repeat infringer or who is repeatedly charged with infringement, whether or not such charges are accurate, in appropriate circumstances, as we shall determine in our sole judgment.
In the event that you are a registered user of the Site, you may terminate such registration by notifying the Site by sending e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. After receipt of your termination notice, we will terminate your registration.
We may terminate your access to the Services or your registration at any time in the event of a breach of these TOU by you or anyone accessing the Services using your registered username. We, at our sole discretion, may also terminate these TOU at any time without cause, and may suspend access to the Service with or without notice, to you.
You agree to indemnify and hold us, our shareholders, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, and other users harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Site, your violation of these TOU, your infringement, or the infringement by any other party who uses your account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity.
Disclaimer Of Warranties
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
1. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
2. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, VIRUS, SPYWARE OR MALWARE-FREE OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND (v) ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
3. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED, ACCESSED, VIEWED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
4. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US OR THE SITE OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TOU.
We reserve the right to change any and all content contained on the Site at any time without notice. Reference to any products, services, processes or other information, by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof by us.
Limitation Of Liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OF OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE.
Exclusions And Limitations
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Notices to you may be made via email, if we have your email address. The Service may also provide notices of changes to the TOU or other matters by displaying notices or links to notices to you generally on the Service.
Violations And Comments
Please report any violations of the TOU to email@example.com