This week’s vintage production music tracks include the relatively well-known intro track to the British detective series “Van Der Valk.”
The piece, “Eye Level” by composer Jack Trombey, was also used by KLM Airlines in their ad campaigns. The track spent four weeks at #1 on the UK charts in 1973.
Here’s a live version on Top of the Pops from that same year, because come on, how can you resist this?
We also feature a great collection of tracks that includes "Hyperdrive (A)," which served as the intro music for WOR-TV’s sporting events at Madison Square Garden, heard on Channel 9 in the New York area before Knicks and Rangers games.
As always, please feel free to reach out on Twitter to let me know which tracks you’re enjoying the most. And if you’re digging the show, please share it and leave a review on iTunes, on Stitcher, or on your preferred podcast service. Reviews and ratings help to expand our listenership and broaden the Rarefied Air community.
01. Tobago Girls, Ernst August Quelle; 00:21 (Megatrax)
02. Hyperdrive (A), M. Ironton & Francis Monkman; 03:53 (APM)
03. Little Imp, Jack Trombey; 06:54 (De Wolfe)
04. Tomorrow’s World, Johnny Hawksworth & Roger Webb; 10:21 (De Wolfe)
05. The Huckle-Buckle, Robert Farnon; 14:03 (Firstcom)
06. Head Start, Kenny Wheeler; 18:00 (APM)
07. Nebulae, Jay Berliner; 19:26 (Firstcom)
08. Bossa Baboon, Hans Posegga; 20:20 (Megatrax)
09. Eye Level, Jack Trombey; 24:07 (De Wolfe)
10. Once Upon A Holiday, James Clarke; 27:30 (APM)