This week’s vintage production music tracks include Keith Mansfield’s 2008 track “Junior Jet Set,” which was sampled by soul duo Gnarls Barkley in their song “Run (I’m A Natural Disaster).” Here’s that song, with its Justin Timberlake-starring video.
Longtime listeners of the show know how fond we are of the work of Barbara Moore, who we hear this week with the gorgeous “His Name Was.” Here is a recent interview with Ms. Moore herself, in which she discusses her beginnings as a composer and arranger, and her legendary “Vocal Shades and Tones.”
As always, please feel free to reach out on Twitter to let me know which tracks you’re enjoying the most. And if you’re digging the show, please share it and leave a review on iTunes, on Stitcher, or on your preferred podcast service. Reviews and ratings help to expand our listenership and broaden the Rarefied Air community.
01. Preacher’s Club, Jack Arel & Pierre Dutour; 00:22 (Chappell)
02. Light Traveller, John Renbourn; 04:12 (APM)
03. Going Places, Philip Lane; 07:35 (APM)
04. Scamp, Simon Park; 11:14 (De Wolfe)
05. Junior Jet Set, Keith Mansfield; 14:16 (APM)
06. Miss Belly Button, Gert Wilden; 17:44 (Megatrax)
07. Schluf, Schluf, Schluf, arr. Gert Wilden; 18:53 (Megatrax)
08. His Name Was, Barbara Moore; 20:49 (De Wolfe)
09. Always, Roger Webb; 24:48 (De Wolfe)
10. Bubble Ballet, Robert Farnon; 29:02 (Firstcom)