This week’s vintage production music library tracks include a song by composer Richard Harvey (“Sun Giver”), a founding member of the prog rock band Gryphon, who make heavy use of Renaissance instrumentation. Here's a clip of the band’s recent reunion tour (Harvey is on the right playing keys & other instruments).
We also feature a listener request for the title track of the long-running UK kids’ show “Grange Hill,” written by prolific production music composer Alan Hawkshaw. Hear the title track (“Chicken Man”) in context here:
As always, please feel free to reach out on Twitter to let me know which tracks you’re enjoying the most. And if you’re digging the show, please share it and leave a review on iTunes, on Stitcher, or on your preferred podcast service. Reviews and ratings help to expand our listenership and broaden the Rarefied Air community.
01. Red Carpet Ride, John Shakespeare; 00:22 (APM)
02. Air Stream, Roger Webb; 04:39 (De Wolfe)
03. Sabre, Simon Park; 07:10 (De Wolfe)
04. Sun Giver, Richard Harvey; 10:56 (APM)
05. Reve Pour Un Beatle, Paul Piot; 14:00 (Firstcom)
06. Alarm Call, Syd Dale; 18:48 (APM)
07. Jungle Jazz, Nino Nardini; 20:54 (Firstcom)
08. Wah Wah Wow, Ernst August Quelle; 22:55 (Megatrax)
09. Stewardess Natasha, Ernst August Quelle; 26:00 (Megatrax)
10. Chicken Man, Alan Hawkshaw; 31:01 (APM)